The module is used to create the drop down menus in Joomla templates. It contains various configuration options and animation effects.
If the template you ordered contains the mod_maximenu module it can be found in the templete sources folder, search for the mod_maximenu_CK.zip file.
If the module is not included into the template you can download it from extensions.joomla.org
There are 2 ways to install the mod_maximenu_CK module.
1. Installation through Joomla admin panel
- Open Joomla admin panel
- go to Extensions>Install/Uninstall
- in the Upload Package File block click Browse and select your mod_maximenu_CK.zip file and click Upload File and Install
If the installation has been completed correctly the Maxi Menu CK for Joomla! module will be available through the Extensions>Modules Manager
2. Manual installation
In case you have some issues with the installation through Joomla admin panel feel free to install the module manually using the following procedure:
- extract the files from the mod_maximenu_CK.zip archive to your computer
- make sure the folder with the module files is called mod_maximenu_CK (without any numbers)
- upload mod_maximenu_CK folder to the modules directory of your Joomla installation.
- move the en-GB.mod_maximenu_CK from the mod_maximenu_CK folder to the language\en-GB directory of your Joomla instalation.
- Open Joomla admin panel, go to Extensions>Modules manager and click New button. The Maxi Menu CK for Joomla! should be available in the list.
The Maxi Menu CK configuration screen looks like the following:
The only option that you should modify is the Menu to render – here you should select the menu that would be rendered with the mod_maximenu_CK module. Also don;t forget to select the module position in the left column.
If you want to have more information on the module configuration please refer to the mod_maximenu_CK manual.