This tutorial will show you how to install Drupal engine and template on a local server.
1. First of all, you need to Start your localhost manager.
2. Enter your phpMyAdmin tool and type your database access details.
3. Create a new database.
4. The first step of Drupal website setup is to download the Drupal engine. Drupal engine is a .zip package with Drupal content management system (CMS) core files. Without these files you won’t be able to run the Drupal website. Drupal engine can be downloaded from the official website at http://drupal.org/. Unzip Drupal engine archive and your template archive.
5. Copy the folder Sites to the root of Drupal engine folder.
6. Copy the folder "demo_profile" from Sources to the folder "profiles" of your Drupal engine.
7. Copy the file install.inc from Sources to the Includes folder of your Drupal engine
8. Copy the file system.install from Sources to the modules/system folder of your Drupal engine.
9. Now, copy all files from the Drupal engine folder. Create a new folder "drupal" in www folder of your localhost manager and paste the copied Drupal engine files here.
10. Type localhost/drupal into your browser address bar. Choose Demonstration site and click on Save and continue button.
11.Type your database access details.
12.Choose your theme in Snapshot box, then click on Restore button.
13. Type /?q=user in your address bar after your website URL if you wish to access admin panel. By default admin details are set as:
14. Go to Configuration>Perfomance.
15. Click on button Clear all caches.
16. Check your website now.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: