In case you want to disable blocks on the home page follow the steps below:
1. Enter the Magento admin panel
2. Select the “CMS” tab
3. Select “Manage Pages”
4. And now select “Home Page”
5. The “General information” tab is the middle column html content of the home page. You can copy the html code from the content box to your html editor and edit the home page according to your needs.
6. The “Custom design” tab is the page where you can configure your home page side boxes. Each block is a part of the code, the <block type= code.
7. Use the “Save” button to confirm the changes.