The following tutorial will show you how to save for web your images from your PSD file.
For example, you wish to change this blue slogan and the big black title
As you can see, it is not selectable text, so, you cannot edit it in HTML file. These two wordings are images. Let us edit them.
1. Open your PSD file
Please, note that for editing text in your PSD file you need to install required fonts which are specified in fonts_info.txt file.
2. Choose the Slice Select tool. As you can see, the slices with these wordings are overlapped by other ones. You need to bring them back, select your slice and bring it to front (more information in this tutorial – How to use bring to front feature).
The same procedure is for the slogan. It is overlapped by another slice. Bring it to front as well.
3. Now you need to select all slices you wish to save holding "Shift" button
4. From the top menu choose File > Save for Web & Devices
5. Choose the Slice select tool here and select your slices again holding "Shift" button. Click Save button
Please, note that you should save your images to the Site folder, not to the Images folder. Double check and make sure you have the same settings:
- – Save as type: Images Only
- – Settings: Default Settings
- – Slices: Selected Slces (important!)
Click Save button
6. You will see the files which will be replaced and click "Replace" button
7. Refresh your page and check the image you have changed.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:
Photoshop. How to save for web,