This tutorial will show you how to change the general WordPress website settings such as:
- website title
- website owner email
- website tagline
- website URL address
- date format and timezone
1. Open WordPress admin panel, go to Settings > General
2. In the appropriate fields you can input the website title, tagline, website URL and website owner email.
3. As you can see there are two URL options. Change them in case you want to website URL be different from the WordPress installation root.
For example you have WordPress engine installed into the folder http://templatetest.com/wordpress By default your website URL would be http://templatetest.com/wordpress
Using the webiste URL field you can change the website address to http://templatetest.com
4. E-mail address displays the webwsite owner email address. This email will receive user registration emails, website notification and contact form feedbacks.
5. Using the checkboxes and radio buttons at the bottom you can set the website timezone, date and time formats. These settings affect the post dates that would be visible to your visitors.
When you are done click the Save Changes button at the bottom.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:
How to change general WordPress settings