Hello, today, we’d like to show you the easy way to create a custom login page for your WordPress website.
Why do you need a custom Login page?
More than 60% of all the websites online at this time are run by the WordPress engine. It’s a huge number and there are definite reasons for this, such as the simplicity of use, availability for anyone(due to the open-source code of the platform), various solutions for any needs (almost anything can be done with the help of plugins), etc. However, each WordPress-based site has the same looking login page.
At the same time, every businesses interest lies in getting more loyal customers, so it must stand out. The modern world requires it to look unique and eye-catching to gain more of the customer’s attention and changing the design of your website login page can help you in this significantly.
Create a custom login page using Theme My Login plugin.
There are lots of ways to modify your website login page. Let us examine the easiest and quickest ones – with no code editing involved.
- First of all, you should install and activate the Theme My Login plugin via Plugins -> Add New menu in your Dashboard.
- Now, when you visit the site login page, you will see the custom page created by the plugin. You may also use it to create custom registration and profile pages, etc. All the plugin’s settings are accessible via the Theme My Login menu in the Dashboard – you can manage the general settings or enhance the functionality with the help of various extensions.
- You may also use the custom login form widget added by the plugin. Feel free to visit the Appearance -> Widgets page and drag Theme My Login widget to any widget area.
Create a custom login page using WPForms plugin.
An alternative option for you to use is the user-friendly WPForms plugin. Unlike the previous plugin, this extension is a paid one – it has the premium version that includes functionality for adding the custom login and registration forms to your WordPress-based website.
- Same as previously, you should install and activate the WPForms plugin via Plugins -> Add New menu in your Dashboard. The plugin license can be purchased from its developers.
- Next, activate the license key at the WPForms -> Settings section by entering it into the input field and clicking the Verify key button. This will let you gain the access to WPForms -> Add-ons section to choose the ‘User Registration Add-on’ there. After installing the needed add-on you’ll be able to use the custom login pages functionality.
- Activate the newly installed add-on and use the provided Form Builder for editing the pre-designed custom login form. Customize it up to your needs and then go to the Settings -> Confirmation tab to define what happens after the successful user’s login. For example, you may set up some redirect there or display a welcome message to site visitors.
- In order to use your newly configured login form on the site, go to Pages -> Add new, create the new ‘Login’ page and use the ‘Add Forms’ button to insert the form to the page’s content. You may also copy the form’s shortcode to any other page or text widget. There’s also a WPForms widget provided by the plugin’s developers for the convenience of use.
Thanks for reading this article! Feel free to check our blog to learn more tweaks on how to manage your WordPress website as a guru of the web design!
Browse the selection of WordPress Themes to view modern layouts and learn more about WordPress features.