In this tutorial you will learn how to create database user and limit its access to the only database.
1. Login to your hosting control panel and click on MySQL – Databases option.
2. In New Database option, type in your database name.
3. In Username option, type in username
Specify password for it and cick on ‘create user’ button.
Now, we need to add User to Database.
4. In User option, select our newly added username
5. In Database option, select our newly added database name
6. Click on ‘Add’ button to add our new user to new database.
7. Next thing we should add Privileges.
8. You can select which privileges will have specific User for Database.
ALTER: you need it to modify existing data
DROP: allows to drop tables/database
CREATE: you need it to create additional tables
INSERT: you need it to insert data
Select needed options and click ‘Make Changes’
This is it.We have created new database, new user and assigned User to Database.
Lets create new User and assign in to existing Database.
1. Create new user and select it in ‘Add User to Database’ option.
2. In Database option, select your existing database.
3. Select Privileges for this user
4. This is it. We have added new User to Existing Database.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: