WordPress can be configured to use e-mail to post to a blog. To enable this functionality, you need to:
- Create an e-mail account
- Configure WordPress to access that account
Creating E-mail Account
To post to WordPress by e-mail you must set up a secret e-mail account with POP3 access.
Any mail received at this address will be posted, so it’s a good idea to keep this address very secret.
1. Open your WordPress admin panel
2. Go to Settings>Writing and check the Post by Email instructions.
3. Create secret e-mail account on your mail server. Contact hosting provider for further assistance.
1. When you are done creating the new e-mail account , return to Settings>Writing and fill in the name of the mail server and port number your web hosting provider uses.Contact hosting provider for more details.
2. Next, enter the login name and password for your new e-mail account . (login name is your email address)
3. Choose the default category that will be assigned to submitted posts