This tutorial is going to show you how to change your Jigoshop site language.
- Go to http://www.poedit.net/download.php and download the latest stable version of Poedit for your compatible with your system.
- Install and run Poedit on your computer.
- In Poedit click Open and navigate to the language you’d like to add taken from wp-content\plugins\jigoshop\languages\ on your server. E.g. jigoshop-es_ES.po
- In Poedit go to Catalog -> Update from POT File
- Select the jigoshop.pot file taken from the wp-content\plugins\jigoshop\languages\ folder on your server.
- In the window that is going to to pop up click OK to proceed.
- The next thing you are going to do is translating all the strings in the file.
Just click the string that needs to be translated and add/change your translation variant to the Translation field.
- Click Save when you are done.
- The updated language .po and .mo files (E.g. jigoshop-es_ES.po / jigoshop-es_ES.mo) should be uploaded back to the /wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/languages/ folder on your server using your favorite FTP client.
- To select the new language, on your FTP open the wp-config.php file to edit.
- Look for define(‘WPLANG’, ”); in the file using Ctrl+F and insert your local into the quotes. E.g. define(‘WPLANG’, ‘es_ES’); For the list of locals, please check http://www.roseindia.net/tutorials/I18N/locales-list.shtml
- If the language you are going to use is not in the wp-content\plugins\jigoshop\languages\ folder, you can generate the one of your own in Poedit by going to File > New Catalog from POT and selecting the jigoshop.pot file.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:Jigoshop. How to change site language,