This tutorial will show you how to how to manage Social bookmarks in Joomla framework templates.
When you install your template based on Gantry Framework using the full package with the sample data file, you will notice a social bookmark tab added to each of your blog item. This tutorial is going to help you customize these social bookmarks or add them to your theme if you did not use the dump file.
- In your Joomla admin, go to Components -> K2
- Click on Parameters on the top right.
- Click the Social tab.
- If you want to change the current style, visit https://www.addthis.com/get/sharing , select a different style from those suggested on the left and copy the code to replace the existing one. When the code is replaced, click “Save”.
- In order to exclude any of the icons, delete the corresponding line from the code (i.e. <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a> for Twitter etc).
- In order to add more buttons to the toolbox, you need to visit http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/articles/381237-third-party-buttons#.UCoS9aPdvcs There you will find the major standalone sharing buttons. Copy the code of the button you want to add, e.g. to add Amazon Wishlist Button copy <a class="addthis_button_amazonwishlist"></a> and paste it among other buttons in your code. Click “Save”.
- Once you have made your changes, save thm in your file and preview the product pages to see the result.
- For more information on how to work with AddThis Toolbox,visit http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/topics/38604-customizing-addthis/articles
- The text Social Bookmarks can be changed in the en-GB.tpl_theme1053.ini located under \language\en-GB:
- In order to display the buttons on your K2 items, go to Components -> K2 -> Categories and open the Category your K2 item is related to. Under Item View options on the right select “yes” next to ‘Social button’ like Share This, AddThis etc.
- Then open your K2 item and under Item View options on the right select “Inherit from Category” next to ‘Social button’ like Share This, AddThis etc.
There you will find a field for the Social button’ HTML code to integrate services like “Add This” or “Share This” in the item page. For the templates the 32×32 AddThisToolbox code is used:
K2_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS = "Social Bookmarks"
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: