This tutorial shows how to move your Joomla or Virtuemart 2.x website from one domain to another.
1. Go to your hosting file manager and zip files. In this case we will need to download one file only. Select all files and folders, make zip file. Please note that your hosting file manager may not have ability to zip file. In this case you will need to download files via FTP.
2. You need to go to Joomla/Virtuemart database and export all the tables. Open your database management tool like phpmyadmin and export all database tables.
3. Download zip package with Joomla/Virtuemart files.
4. Open file manager for your new domain. Open folder where Joomla/Virtuemart files should be moved. Upload zip file using file manager. Unzip files using hosting file manager. You can upload files directly via FTP and case your file manager does not provide such feature.
5. Open database in your new domain. Import database for your Joomla/Virtuemart.
6. Edit configuration.php file. You can edit it directly using cpanel (in case such option is available) or just download file and edit it in your favorite editor. You need to set database access details and path to tmp and logs folders. Set database details and change log and tmp folders path. You can contact your hosting provider regarding correct path.
7. Open the Joomla/Virtuemart site. It should appear exactly like in your old domain.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: