To preview pages in Live view
- Open your .html file in Dreamweaver and switch to Code and Design view (from the top menu View > Code and Design or just click Split).
- Click the Live view button (or just Live depending on your Dreamweaver version).
- Make changes to the .html (.css or other related files) in Code view.
- Refresh Live view by clicking the Refresh button in the Document tool bar, or by hitting F5 to preview the changes.
- Click the Live view button again to return to Split view.
To preview Live Code
- Make sure that you are in Live view.
- Click the Live Code button.
- Try interact with elements on the page. Live Code will highlight them in the code (works only when Highlight Changes in Live Code is selected under View > Live View Options).
- Click the Live Code button again to edit the code.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: