This tutorial is going to show you how to manage social-media sharing icons on the product details pages of your Magento template.
The social-media sharing icons are added to the templates with the help of the world’s largest sharing platform AddThis Toolbox.
In order to manage the icons on your product pages:
- Connect to your FTP via your favourite FTP client or using the File manager of your hoting control panel.
- Open the directory where your maganto files are stored (public_html, www etc).
- Go to app\design\frontend\default\theme###\template\ajax\catalog\product folder where theme### is the name of your particular theme folder.
- Open a file called view.phtml in any code editor.
- Find the following code between lines 63-71:
By default a simple 16×16 Toolbox style is used. If you want to change the current style, visit https://www.addthis.com/get/sharing , select a different style from those suggested on the left and copy the code to replace the existing one.
- In order to exclude any of the icons, delete the corresponding line from the code (i.e. <a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a> for Twitter etc).
- In order to add more buttons to the toolbox, you need to visit http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/articles/381237-third-party-buttons#.UCoS9aPdvcs There you will find the major standalone sharing buttons. Copy the code of the button you want to add, e.g. to add Amazon Wishlist Button copy <a class="addthis_button_amazonwishlist"></a> and paste it among other buttons in your code.
- To disable the social media buttons on your product pages, delete the whole code on lines 63-71.
- For more information on how to work with AddThis Toolbox,visit http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/topics/38604-customizing-addthis/articles
- Once you have made your changes, save them in your file and preview the product pages to see the result.Other files where AddThis Toolbox may be included are
options.phtml in \app\design\frontend\default\theme362\template\ajax\catalog\product folder
view.phtml in \app\design\frontend\default\theme362\template\catalog\product
Note, theme name may and will be different.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: