This tutorial shows how to manually install pages layout in Magento store.
The easiest way to configure pages is to install the Magento template sample data. You can see how to do this checking the detailed video tutorials How to install Magento 1.6 template and theme sample data and how to import SQL files
In case you are installing the template over the live store or you just don’t want to install template sample data you need to configure the pages manually.
If you don’t have the .html and .xml files for the pages in the template package please use the dump.minimal.gz file for pages installation
- Open the template package and go to the ‘sources/demo/pages‘ directory. There you should see the .html and .xml files. Open ‘home_page.html‘ and ‘home_page.xml‘ files in your editor (Adobe Dreamweaver, Notepad ++ etc).
- Open Magento admin panel and go to ‘CMS > Pages‘. Open Home page.
- Switch to the ‘Content‘ tab
- Copy the code from the ‘home_page.html‘ file and paste it into the content area.
- Switch to the ‘Design‘ tab.
- Copy the code from the ‘home_page.xml‘ file and paste it into the ‘Layout Update XML‘ area.
- In the ‘Layout‘ select box choose the required layout.
List of .html and .xml files for pages and pages layout settings are available from the template documentation (template package/documentation/template_instructions.html)
Magento. How to install sample content pages manually ,