Today we’d like to present something new and extraordinary – and its name is Joomla 3.0 Bootstrapped Themes! The functionality of these themes is similar to what you have met in Joomla 2.5 Themes with one big BUT they come based on the Bootstrap framework, what makes them fully responsive to all screen resolutions and aspect ratios. Bootstrap is not the only new thing in these there follows other changes.
Joomla 3.0 Templates Provide a Whole Load on New Features to Each Customer
1. Major changes in Joomla core. The new version of Joomla has lots of improvements in PHP classes and functions. As a result, the method used in Joomla 2.5 will not work for Joomla 3.x. The compatibility list is shown at Joomla Docs.
2. When it comes to compatibility there were made severe changes, the basic frame was changed to Bootstrap that’s why there is no need for Gantry Framework and K2. All content of previous versions of Joomla templates was stored in the K2 component. Page layout was built on Gantry Framework; Neither K2 nor Gantry is compatible with Joomla 3.x, therefore there is no possibility for an update.
3. Joomla templates are built on Bootstrap CSS Framework. As a result page layout uses 1152px, 1132px, 1116px and 1104px grids, previous versions of Joomla templates used 940px wide layout. In other words, design is not compatible with lesser versions of Joomla.
Conclusion: Joomla 3.x templates are not compatible with previous versions of Joomla and will be developed as a separate product (See #2 above).
What New Features Joomla 3.0 Themes Deliver
- The gallery is presented as a single page having four columns;
- There is no support for comments;
- All side extensions like Gantry and K2 were removed;
- All Joomla 3.0 themes are responsive and are based on the 1152px wide grid, the width of the content area is changeable and is adaptive.
- There were developed four custom modules, all of them are included into the Theme Source, these modules were based on the Articles Newsflash module.
Now let’s have a look at the new themes, check out the live demos.