1) Login to your OpenCart admin panel. In your browser address bar type http://yourdomain.com/admin. If you have installed your Opencart under a subfolder “store” for an example the above URL will change to http://yourdomain.com/store/admin
Login using your username and password.
2) Navigate to Sales > Coupons. Here we can add/remove/edit coupons for our store
3) Click Insert button to add new coupon
You should see the following
- Coupon Name – Name of the coupon. Displayed in the order totals during checkout.
- Coupon Code – The code you give to the customers to enter on the checkout confimation page so the discount will be deducted from the total. Code must bee between 3 and 10 characters.
- Type – Select percentage discount or fixed amount to deduct from total price.
- Discount – Coupon discount amount. If type is percentage then this percent is subtracted from the total price. If the type is set to a fixed amount, then this fixed amount will be deducted from the sub-total.
- Total Amount – Minimum order amount that must reached before the coupon is valid. Leave blank for no minimum.
- Customer Login – Select Yes to require customer to log in before using the coupon, or No to not require it.
- Free Shipping – Select Yes to give customer free shipping, or No to charge shipping.
- Products – Select which products you want to apply the discount amount to. If none are selected then the discount amount will apply to all products.
- Date Start – Set the start date for the coupon.
- Date End – Set the end date for the coupon.
- Uses Per Coupon – Set the number of times a coupon can be used.
- Uses Per Customer – Set the number of times a coupon can be used by one customer.
- Status – Coupon status will determine if the coupon can be used or not.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: