When you want to move your store from sub-folder to root folder of your domain you need to do the following:
- Backup your store files via FTP to your computer. Simply copy all the files and folders from your domain to your computer via FTP.
- Delete your store files on your domain (do NOT touch your database!)
- Transfer all the store files you have backed-up to the root of your domain.
- Edit the yourdomain\config.php and yourdomain\admin\config.php files. You should remove subfolder name from all the URLs in these files.
- Verify the correct rights on your store folders and files. (Normally they are 644 for the files and 755 for the folders)
- Test your new store.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: