This tutorial is going to show you what files to edit and how to make changes to the automatic default email messages being sent out to customers such as the registration confirmation and the order confirmation on your Oscommerce site.
1) On your FTP go to includes/languages/english/ or other language folder depending on your needs. In this directory you can find such files as
- create_account.php where you can edit registration emails. I.e. when a customer registers as new account owner, the system sends a standard message like:
"We welcome you to our store etc";
- checkout_process.php where you can change wordings in the order confirmation emails that go to the customer
2) You can add different styles to your text there, like changing its color or making it bold. E.g.:
define(‘EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER’, ‘<font color="#996633"><b>Your Order Number:</b></font>‘);
3) Each "\n" adds a new line to the email, the apostrophe should look like %
define(‘EMAIL_GREET_MR’, ‘Dear Mr. %s,’ . "\n\n");
4) In the same folder you can find other language files which names may let you identify what text they may contain to change it.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:osCommerce. How to edit registration and order confirmation emails,