This tutorial shows how to install PrestaShop engine and template on local server.
PrestaShop engine installation
Please make sure your version of PrestaShop engine matches the template requirements. All versions of PrestaShop are available at SourceForge
1. We have copied Prestashop engine installation zip file to localhost www directory with ryan/prestashop/ subfolders. Unzip Prestashop engine using unzipping software. Please note that your unzipping software can be different.
2. Open the new tab in your browser and paste the link. Usually it looks like http://localhost/ . In our case link is http://localhost/ryan/prestashop/ . Accept license agreement and click Next.
3. Now we need to specify database access details. Let’s create database.
3.1. Open your Database management tool. Usually it is called phpmyadmin. Usually database can be accessed using the following link:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ (please note that in your localhost software link can be different). Click on Databases tab.
3.2. Create the database.
3.3. Specify database access details. In Username field you should specify database user. It was set during localhost software installation. In our case password is blank as user does not have password. Click Next.
4. Set shop settings, Specify e-mail address and password. Click Next.
5. We have installed Prestashop engine. Now we need to rename admin folder and delete installation folder. In order to access admin section you should add name of admin folder, which we have been changed from ‘admin’ to ‘admin123′. In our case link is http://localhost/ryan/prestashop/admin123/
1. Unzip the template package. You can see unzipped template files.
2. Go to theme folder and copy contents of theme folder.
3. Paste contents of theme folder to the root folder of Prestashop engine (in our case to www/ryan/prestashop). Accept folders/files replacement.
4. Open Prestashop database. Go to Import tab. Select .sql file from sources folder and import it to Prestashop database.
5. Open Prestashop admin section and go to Preferences-Appearance section. In order to access admin section you should add name of admin folder. In our case link is: http://localhost/ryan/prestashop/admin123/.
6. Select the theme and save changes.
7. Template is installed and looks like live demo.
In this tutorial we have found out how to install Prestashop engine and template on local server.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: