Zen Cart Documentation
Thank you for purchasing Zen Cart template. This documentation consists of several parts and shows you the entire process how to set up and administer Zen Cart Web site from scratch. We did our best to make this manual as clear and easy to follow as possible.
What is Zen Cart?
Zen Cart is an Open Source e-commerce application. It is written in PHP and requires a MySQL database. Zen Cart provides easy customization of your online store. Zen Cart has a built-in system for receiving online payments, setting tax and discount rates, etc. Learn More
What is Zen Cart template
Zen Cart template is a skin for your Zen Cart platform. In other words you can easily change your Zen Cart Web site appearance by installing a new template in a few easy steps. With all its simplicity Zen Cart template is provided with all necessary source files and you are free to edit or extend it the way you need.
The template package you have downloaded consists of several folders. Let's see what each folder contains :
- contains documentation files
- main documentation file
- contains Zen Cart theme files
- contains template screenshots. Not for production
- contains template source files
- template Adobe Photoshop source files (.psd)
- product images, social icons, etc.
- provides extended search settings
- sets the extra editable content blocks
- contains store & theme settings, sample banners, categories, products settings, megamenu, custom block, social icons on the product page, slider on homepage, etc.
- sets the megamenu into your site
- contains only store and theme settings
- slider on homepage
- set of social icons on the product page
- display YouTube video on the product page
- contains links where the template custom fonts can be downloaded
- contains instructions on how to extract source files