Starting from the template #30531 WordPress templates are compatible with WordPress 3.0
- WordPress and WordPress MU have merged – allowing the management of multiple sites (called Multisite) from one WordPress installation.
- New default theme “Twenty Ten” – takes full advantage of the current features of WordPress.
- New Custom Menu Management feature – allows creation of custom menus combining posts, pages, categories, tags, and links for use in theme menus or widgets.
- Custom Header and Custom Background APIs.
- Contextual help – help text accessed under the Help tab of every screen in the WordPress administration.
- Ability to set the admin username and password during installation.
- Bulk updating of themes – with an automatic maintenance mode during the process.
- Support for Shortlinks.
- Improved Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies – including hierarchical (category-style) support. (Try the Custom Post Type UI or GD Custom Posts And Taxonomies Tools plugins to see the possibilities.)
- A lighter admin color scheme – to increase accessibility and put the focus more squarely on your content.