This tutorial provides an overview of theme options in Shopify.
To edit the theme, open the admin panel and click on the Themes tab and then on Customize theme:
You can see the tabs with theme options on the window that opens:
In the General tab you can manage the logo, favicon and copyright:
- Logo options
Use custom Logo? Tick this section if you want to upload your logo instead of the text logo.
Custom logo image. Click on Choose file to upload your own logo.
Use Custom Logo for Checkout pages. Tick this section if you want to use custom logo on checkout.
Upload a favicon. Click on Choose file to upload your own favicon.
Display copyright “Designed by…”. Untick it if you do not want the copyright notification appear on your pages.
- Logo options
In the Typography tab you can edit Base font, Page heading font, Links color, Product name, Product description styles or Product price color.
To edit the font, set your own link to it and enter the Google font family under the Custom title.
To replace the font with a regular one, select the Regular title and choose the necessary font from the dropdown:
To change the font size, enter the needed amount of pixels.
To edit the color, click on the color area and select the one that fits you from the color picker box or enter your own hex code:
The Layout tab helps to manage:
- the display of Header
- edit number of items and columns on Homepage products and Collection page
- choose the collection to be displayed on homepage
- change product image size
- enable/disable Breadcrumbs navigation
To edit the settings, click on the arrow down and select the needed variant from the dropdown or enter the needed number:
Under the Colors tab you can change Global color settings and Color scheme:
- Allow shopper to see prices in his/her own currency? Check this box if you’d like the user to be able to toggle between currencies.
- Money format. Select whether or not you want to show the currency code directly after your price ($10 USD) or not ($10).
- Currencies you wish to support. You’ll need to list the three letter codes of the currencies you’d like to include. The list of codes can be found on this currency website:
Managing Slider tab.
- Slider script. Check/uncheck it if you want to use the scripting code used for slider in the theme.
- Slider captions. Check/uncheck it if you want the slides to be covered with text.
- Enable slide. Check it if you want the slide appear on the site or uncheck it if you don’t want the site visitors to see the slide.
- Slide image. Click on Choose File to upload another image.
- Slide link. Paste the reference links for your slider.
- Caption text line #1/#2/#3, etc. Enter the text you want to be displayed on Line 1, 2, etc.:
Use Custom blocks tab to configure blocks in Header, Showcase, Sidebar and Footer position.
Here you can change the text, links and images for blocks on the site:
To change the links that appear under your title for footer block, select the available list from the dropdown:
Setting up Mailing list.
Here you can set the MailChimp Form Action and Mailing List Tagline:
Under the Payment methods tab you can check/uncheck the methods you plan to use on your site:
Use Checkout tab to set other than throughout the site layout options (banner, logo, colors):
Note that the uploaded logo for checkout will not be displayed until you tick Use Custom Logo for Checkout pages under the General tab.
In the Additional Layouts tab you can choose whether to use theme or Shopify default layout in Customer Area, that is on checkout:
When all the necessary changes are made, click on Publish changes or Save settings as a Preset.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: