This tutorial is going to show you how to deal with the "Warning, the Safe Path is empty" message that may appear in the administration panel of your VirtueMart site.
If you log into the administration panel of your VirtueMart site and go to the menu Content -> VirtueMart -> Configuration, you may see this message
In order to disable it:
- Connect to your server via FTP using the FileManager your hosting control panel provides or an FTP client (e.g. FileZilla).
- Once connected, make sure you are in the directory where your public_html folder is located (the web root for your primary domain).
- Create an empty folder in there called “vmfiles”.
- Log into your Joomla admin panel and go to go to the menu Content -> VirtueMart -> Configuration.
- Click on the Templates tab.
- Scroll down till you see an empty field called Safe Path.
- Type the path to the “vmfiles” folder you created including the name of the folder itself into this field. For example:
- Click Save in the top right corner.
- The message should disappear.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: