This tutorial is going to show you how to install the Shop Beginners Kit on your WordPress site.
The Shop Beginners Kit offer can be bought as a bundle with any WordPress Cherry Framework theme or separately.
Please, note that it works only with Cherry Framework version 2.0 and higher. If version is less than 2.0, you will need to update your Cherry Framework.
In order to install the Shop Beginners Kit:
First of all, you need to install and activate either WooCommerce or Jigoshop plugin.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to the menu Plugins -> Add new.
- Type WooCommerce or Jigoshop in the Search field and click Search Plugins
- On the next page, click Install Now under the plugin you want to install.
- In the “Are you sure you want to install this plugin?” window that’s going to pop up, click “Ok”.
- Once it is installed, click Activate Plugin.
- If you have problems installing the plugins via admin panel, you can download them from Jigoshop Plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/jigoshop/ and WooCommerce Plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/
- The next part of the tutorial will show how to install the WooCommerce Plugin. Please note! For normal operation you need only one plugin.
And upload the unzipped woocommerce (jigoshop) folders to the wp-content\plugins folder on FTP.
The Shop Beginners Kit comes with its own separate plugins and sample products which you can customize to your liking. Installing them will not delete the current data of your site. To install the widgets and the demo products:
- In your WordPress admin panel go to Cherry Options -> Import
- Click Browse and select jigoshop_widgets.json or woocommerce_widgets.json depending on which plugin you are using. The files are located in the theme/sample_data folder of your template package.
- Click Show Widget Settings (or skip this step and set up all the necessary widgets manually using the menu option Appearance -> Widgets).
- Select the widgets you want to install and press the Import Settings button.
- Then it is going to ask you if you want to install the sample data. Select the shop_sample_data.xml file from the same folder
- Press Upload file and Import buttons (you can skip this step and fulfill it later).
- In the Import author field select your user and press Import Data.
- Wait till the end of installation.
- After setting up demo products press Finish. Now your store is ready for further work.
If you decided to add store functionality to the template you bought previously, you need to get additional files that enable compatibility with Cherry Framework with the WooCommerce and Jigoshop plugins:
- First off, you need to acquire "Shop Beginners Kit" offer.
- Install and activate WooCommerce or Jigoshop plugins using the steps above.
- Install widgets and demo products for your store using the steps above.
- Open the themeXXXX folder of your template package and upload the two files (shop.less and shop.php) to the root folder with your child theme on FTP (wp-content/themes/themeXXXX folder).
If you’ve done everything correctly, you will see a product page on your site with the sample products and widgets.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: