This tutorial is going to show you how to fix uneditable custom posts after the dump import on your WordPress template.
If you have imported the dumpfile and have such a problem:
Please do the following:
- Copy the name of your custom post menu. The name depends on your template number. For instance, it’s called Works.
- Open your database with all tables and click on the “Search” tab.
- Paste the name of your custom post menu into the search field, select all tables and click on Go.
- From the list of the tables that is going to appear, the wp_post is the one you need to work on. It should have a Browse button next to it, click that button.
- On the next page, take a look at the post_type column results. You will notice that some names begin with lowercase and some with uppercase:
- All of them should be lowecases, so all you need to do to change them. You can do this manually or click on the SQL tab in your database menu
- Go back to your custom posts in the WordPress admin. You should see the “Edit” button now:
UPDATE wp_posts SET post_type='lowecase post type name' WHERE post_type='uppercase post type name';
e.g, if your custom post type name in the post_type column is called our_works
and click on “Go”
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: