Hello, this tutorial will show you how to change website browser icon (favicon) in WordPress up to template #40750. There are many online services that will allow you to create a favicon image for free.
For example: http://www.faviconer.com
1. Follow the instructions to create the favicon online.
2. Download the new created ‘favicon.ico’ image to your hard drive.
3. Upload it to your theme folder on the server (wp-content/themes/your_theme).
4. Go to your WordPress Administration Panel, navigate to the Appearance->Editor
5. Select the file called Header or header.php to edit the file.
6. Add the following code below the <head> HTML tag:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/favicon.ico" />
7. Refresh your site to see the changes, do not forget to clear your browser cache. Favicon image should be updated.
This is the end of the tutorial, let us know if you have any issues.
Note, if your template comes with the default (sample) favicon you just need to replace favicon.ico image with your one.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:WordPress. How to add a favicon (up to template #40750),