How to hide the date and time(timestamp) in WordPress (post)
In order to hide a timestamp in WordPress on your blog posts, please do the following:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- Go to Appearance ->Editor.
- Make sure that the theme you are going to edit is selected from the right-hand menu at the top.
- Look for the file called (index.php or single.php) (the file name depends on the template) under the “Templates” on the right. Click on that.
- You can skip this step, but it is highly recommended that you make a copy of the original code before making any changes to it.
- Using Control + F (MAC: Command + F) look for the following part in the code:
<?php the_time('F j, Y'); ?> at <?phpthe_time() ?>
(template specific, so it may look not exactly the same, but similar)
- Surround the lines with the following comment markers (<!–and–>) so it would look like
<!--<?phpthe_time('F j, Y'); ?> at <?phpthe_time() ?>-->
or simply delete the whole part
- Click on “Update File” at the bottom of the code.
- Clear your web browser’s cache and preview the changes.
Please, also watch a demo movie on how to do this.WordPress. How to hide time and date from the post page,