Hi! Today we will work with the following error: This theme is broken. Template is missing that sometimes appears after WordPress theme installation.
Sometimes, after installation you can see the error like shown on the screenshot below, which can certainly harm the correct layout of your theme:
In order to to fix the issue, please go to the admin panel and follow the steps listed below:
- Enter the WordPress site admin panel by adding /wp-admin to the site URL.
- Go to the Appearence – Editor.
- Open style.css file. You will see that at the beginning of the file, the information shows up as follows:
- This means that the styles are not indicated and that is why the issue appears.
- In this case we will need to add the following information to make it work properly:
Theme Name: theme51241 Template: CherryFramework Version: 3.1.2
This information should be corrected according to your needs (the theme number, should be indicated properly).
After adding the information, please save the changes and reload the page.
The issue is fixed.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: