This tutorial shows how to how to install Zen Cart engine and template on local server.
Zen Cart engine installation
1. We have copied Zen Cart engine installation zip file to localhost www directory with ryan/zencart/ subfolder. Unzip Zen Cart engine using unzipping software. Please note that your unzipping software can be different.
2.1. Open your Database management tool. Usually it is called phpmyadmin. Usually database can be accessed using the following link:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ (please note that in your localhost software link can be different). Click on Databases tab.
2.2. Create the database.
3. Open link to your files in browser. Usually it looks like http://localhost/ . In our case link is http://localhost/ryan/zencart/ . Click on "Click here" to begin installation.
4. Accept License Agreement.
5. Zen cart will check configuration. Scroll down and click Install.
6. Now we need to specify database access details. Let’s create database.
7. Specify database access details. In Username field you should specify database user. It was set during localhost software installation. In our case password is blank as user does not have password. Leave default value for prefix (in current installation it is blank). Click Save Database settings.
8. On System Setup step you do not need to perform changes. Just click on Save System Settings.
9. Specify Store information, select Store demo option and click on Save Store Settings.
10. Provide admin access details and proceed to the next step.
11. Rename or delete zc_install folder and rename admin folder.
12. Access admin section by adding admin folder name. In our case admin folder was renamed to admin123. Link is http://localhost/ryan/zencart/admin123/ . Input temporary access details and set new password.
1. Unzip the template package. You can see unzipped template files on the screenshot below
2. Go to theme folder. In our case theme folder is called theme613. Rename admin folder to your actual admin folder name. In our case folder is called admin123.
3. Copy contents of theme folder and paste it to the root folder of Zen Cart. Accept file replacement.
4. Copy sources/images folder to the root folder of Zen cart. Accept file replacement if such dialog appears.
5. Go to Zen Cart admin section. Go to Tools-Template Selection. Click on edit. Select your theme and click Update.
6. Open Tools – Install SQL Patches. Import Sql files from sources folder. Back up your database before importing sql files.
7. Open theme instructions (documentation folder) and configure Layout Boxes under Tools – Layout Boxes Controllers.
8. Refresh home page. Template should look exactly like on live demo.
In this tutorial we have found out how to install ZenCart engine and template on local server.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: