This tutorial will show you how to install, manage and hide your Compare products module in ZenCart.
1. First of all, you need to upload the file ajax_compare.php to the root of your ZenCart installation. You may find this file in your template’s "themeXXX" folder.
2. Then, you need to import the file ZENCART_COMPARE_PRODUCTS.sql to your database via the database management tool (more information in this tutorial: /help/phpmyadmin-how-to-import-sample-data-dump-file.html)
3. In order to compare several products you just need to click a button "Add to compare" under each of them.
4. To show your compare results just click on Compare button, you will be redirected to Compare page. In order to remove the item from compare just click on remove button.
5. If you wish to hide your Compare pruducts function, you need to edit the file includes/templates/themeXXX/css/stylesheet_compare.css. Add "display:none;" property for .compare_btn and #compareResult classes. They may be called different in your case, so, you may find them using FireBug tool for Firefox (more information here: /help/firebug-mozilla-firefox-plugin.html)
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: