1. Log in to the Magento admin panel
2. Select the “Promotions” tab
3. Click “Shopping Cart Price Rules”
4. Let’s create a new rule. Click the “Add New Rule” button.
– type the rule name
– insert the rule description
– set the status of the rule
– specify which websites the rule would be applied to
– select the customer group that will be able to use the rule
If a code is not entered, the rule will take effect once the customer reaches the cart without any action taken. If a code is entered, the customer will have to enter that code to receive the discount.
You can also see the maximum amount of times the rule can be used in total and per customer. This limit will apply whether or not you require a coupon code. If it is left blank, there will be no limit.
– you can also specify the date when the rule is active
– if you wish, you can allow customers to be alerted of new shopping cart price rules via RSS feeds.
For examples, let’s create rule conditions for the following situation. Customers will get a discount for all white Adidas clothes
1. We need to add a product attribute combination (the color and manufacturer are the product attributes)
2. In the “Actions” panel you can specify what will happen when the customer orders goods that fit the rules
3. You can define how many units of each item line will receive this discount.