Login to your OpenCart admin panel. In your browser address bar type http://yourdomain.com/admin. If you have installed your Opencart under a subfolder “store” for an example the above URL will change to http://yourdomain.com/store/admin
Login using your username and password.
- Product Attributes are features that will be compared side by side by the customer when deciding on which item to choose using Product Comparison.
- Navigate to Catalog > Attributes > Attribute Groups and click Insert button to add new attribute group.
- Define Attribute Group Name and Sort Order. 0 1 2 etc. 0 – is displayed first, 1 – is desplayed second etc.
- Navigate to Catalog > Attributes > Attributes and click Insert button to add new attribute
- Define Attribute Name. Select Attribute Group we have just created from the drop-down menu and define Sort Order.
- To link attributes to the product navigate to Catalog > Products and select the product you would like to add attributes for
- Click Edit link to edit the product and select Attribute tab
- Click Add Atribute button, then begin typing the name in the Attribute box. A drop-down list will appear for you to select the correct Attribute Name.
- Type all the possible choices for this product in Text box.
- Product Options are choices that customers must select to personalize a product during checkout. Examples are sizes and colors.
- Navigate to Catalog > Options and click Insert button to add a new option
- Define Option Name and select Type. The following types are available: radio button, checkbox, optional text field, a file upload, date, time, or date & time.
- Set Sort Order
- Click Add Option Value button and define Option Value Name.
- Repeat the step for each option value.
- To link options to the product navigate to Catalog > Products and select the product you would like to add attributes for
- Click Edit link to edit the product and select Option tab
- Begin typing the name of the option for this product, and a drop-down list will appear with all the options that match.
- Set Required to YES if you want customer to be forced to select an option, or NO to let them check out without choosing.
- Click Add Option Value button
- Select option value from the Option Value drop-down menu
- If you are tracking stock, set the quantity of this option.
- If you wish to track stock levels of this item, set Subtract Stock to YES. Otherwise select NO.
- Price field – If you wish to charge extra (or less) for this product, enter the amount here. EXAMPLE: Men’s extra large t-shirts cost $2 more from the manufacturer. The “+$2.00” will appear in the option box of your store.
- Points field – If you wish to give Reward Points for purchasing this option, which customers can redeem for additional merchandise, enter the number of points. Turn Reward Points On or Off in Eextensions > Order Totals > Reward Points.
- Enter the weight of this option to Weight field if it is significantly heavier or lighter than the normal option to charge extra (or less) in shipping this option.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: