Our Support team is ready to present a new tutorial that will become an indispensable guide in the installation of our template and will make this process easy and effortless. One click on the button and the video will smoothly take you through this step by step.
This tutorial shows how to install a WooCommerce WordPress theme.
I. Plugin Installation
Warning! WooCommerce plugin should be installed before the theme installation
1) You can download the WooCommerce plugin at the official website: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/
2) Go to the Admin panel –> Plugins –> Add new.
3) Click on "Upload" and choose the zip file from your computer. Install and activate the plugin then.
II. Theme Installation
There are two ways to install the theme: via the WordPress admin panel or via FTP. If one way does not work for you for some reason, you can always try the other one.
Installation process includes two steps: framework installation and child theme installation. Both steps are basically identical and easy to follow.
1) Log in to your WordPress admin panel (add /wp-admin to your domain name in the browser address bar).
2) Go to the menu Appearance > Themes and click the Install Themes tab.
3) Click the Browse button and navigate to the unzipped template package on your computer.
4) Look for a file called CherryFramework.zip. Click on it to select, then click Ok.
5) Click the Install Now button and wait till the installation is complete.
6) Click the Activate theme link.
Congratulations, you have just installed the framework. Now you can proceed to installing the child theme: theme####.zip. The steps are the same:
7) Go to the menu Appearance > Themes and click the Install Themes tab.
8) Click the Browse button and navigate to the unzipped template package on your computer.
9) Look for a file called theme####.zip (where XXXX is the unique number of your theme). Click on it to select, then click Ok.
10) Click the Install Now button and wait till the installation is complete.
5) Click the Activate link to change the current layout of the site to the theme your purchased.
Uploading via ftp
To upload this way, you need to have access to your WordPress site files on FTP through the File Manager of your hosting control panel or an FTP client like Filezilla, CuteFTP, Total Commander, etc.
Unzip the CherryFramework.zip and theme####.zip file to any folder on your hard drive (first, right click each of the .zip files, select Unzip to… CherryFramework and theme#### accordingly, so you get two folders called CherryFramework and theme####).
Upload the CherryFramework and theme#### folders to the /wp-content/themes/ directory on your FTP server.
Log in to your WordPress admin panel (add /wp-admin after your domain name in the browser address bar).
Go to the menu Appearance > Themes.
Under the Available Themes section find theme#### and activate it by clicking the Activate button.
III. Theme Plugins Installation
Once the theme is installed and activated, you will need to install its plugins:
1) In your WordPress admin panel, go to the menu Plugins -> Add New.
2) Click Upload, click Browse
3) Navigate to the theme####.zip\includes\plugins folder in your template package (the theme####.zip should be unzipped).
4) Select one of the .zip files in this directory and click Ok, Click Install Now..
5) When the plugin is installed, click Activate.
If there are more than one plugin in the /plugins/ folder, repeat the steps to install and activate all of them.
IV. Sample Data Installation
To make your WordPress website look like our live demo, please follow the instructions below. We also suggest you always have a backup .sql file exported from your database.
1) Go to the menu Cherry Options > Import.
2) Follow the steps there. On Step One you will be prompted to upload the file with sample_data.xml extension, which contains all the template sample data (posts, pages, categories, etc.). Once you have selected the file, click Upload File and Import button (If you do not want to install sample data from live demo, you need to skip this step.)
3) After this you will need to select the author for the posts and pages you are importing. Click the Next button to run the process. the Sample data import process usually takes around 2 minutes, so be patient and wait a bit. Please, don’t terminate this process.
4) On the third step you will be prompted to upload widgets.json. (This file, located in the /theme/sample_data/ folder of the template package, contains widgets settings. Before importing the file, make sure there are no widgets already added to your site: go to the menu Appearance > Widgets, open the widget areas on the right and if there are any widgets, drag and drop them to the left side under Inactive Widgets, so all these widget areas are empty). Once you have selected the file, click the Next button. (If you do not want to install widgets settings from live demo, you need to skip this step.)
5) This will allow you to choose what widgets you would like to install from the list. All widgets should be checked if you would like to install them all. Сlick Next to proceed to the next step.
6) Click the Save Changes button to activate the SEO-optimized permalinks structure.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed your WooCommerce WordPress Theme. You can check your theme now.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:WooCommerce. How to install WooCommerce WordPress theme,