Our Support team is ready to present a new tutorial that will become an indispensable guide in how to manage coupons. This tutorial shows how to manage coupons.
Coupons can be managed from the WooCommerce -> Coupons page.
From there you will see the list of existing coupons, or have the option of setting up a new coupon.
To set up, go to WooCommerce -> Settings and select the option to Enable the use of coupons.
Adding a coupon
Upon adding a coupon you will be greeted with the following interface:
Coupons have several options which make them really powerful and flexible. The following options are available:
- Coupon code – The code which the user must enter to use the coupon.
- Discount type:
- Cart discount – A fixed total discount for the entire cart.
- Cart % discount - A percentage discount for the entire cart.
- Product discount - A fixed total discount for selected products only.
- Product % discount - A percentage discount for selected products only.
- Coupon amount – Fixed value or percentage off for this coupon.
- Individual use – Determines whether the customer can use multiple coupons at once, or just this one.
- Apply before tax – Lets you determine whether the coupon should be applied before or after the tax. Before tax is the most common setting. The calculation is as follows:
- Prices include tax – Take the price (inc tax) and take off the discount, THEN calculate the tax backwards.
- Prices exclude tax – Take the price (ex tax) and take off the discount, THEN calculate the tax forwards.
- Enable free shipping – Enable this option if the ticket grants free shipping. The free shipping method needs setting up to require a coupon too.
- Minimum Amount – This field allows you to set the minimum subtotal needed to use the coupon. Note: The sum of the cart subtotal + tax is used to compare to this minimum amount.
- Product IDs – A list of product ID’s that the cart must contain for the coupon to be valid, or, for “Product Discounts”, which products are discounted.
- Exclude Product IDs – A list of product ID’s that the cart must not contain for the coupon to be valid, or, for “Product Discounts”, which products are not discounted.
- Usage limit – How many times a coupon can be used by all customers before becoming invalid.
- Expiry date – When a coupon should expire and no longer be enabled.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: