Monstroid Theme Documentation
Working with the portfolio post types
Cherry Portfolio is based on custom post type - Portfolio. To have the portfolio post format available, Cherry Portfolio plugin should be installed.
To add a new Portfolio post, click "Add New" in the portfolio section in the WordPress admin panel.
As Portfolio posts are a variation of default WordPress post, creating new posts should not be a problem. You can learn more about WordPress custom posts.
- Fill in all necessary fields (title, content).
- Upload an image using the Featured Image option (click Set featured image).
- Click Publish.
Choosing portfolio post format.
You can use the following post types in portfolio post:
- default gallery post type. Displays post image only.
- gallery project is displayed in a slideshow. This gallery post type can contain an unlimited number of images.
- post images are displayed in a grid gallery. This gallery post type can contain unlimited number of images.
- you can add video from any video hosting like YouTube, Vimeo, etc using this gallery post type.
- this gallery post type allows to add an audio file.
Portfolio Category Filter
This option allows you to change categories display order. The categories are ordered alphabetically no matter how they were added to the Cherry Portfolio.